Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Goodbye yaya JOY

I've had yaya Joy last May 2010.. As she was recommended by another yaya in the neighborhood, I have no qualms about her.. I completely trust ate Rosie as she used to be the yaya of my neighbor for more than a year now.

I really liked yaya Joy. Most of the time she just kept to herself (which is fine with me as I hate small talk especially on a first encounter).  We have had our bonding moments with Gabby. I provided her a comfortable quarter. I gave her my own room which I used to occupy during my younger days. I really don't know what went wrong. I used to give her whatever I have without hearing a word of thanks. We even gave her 1 month's salary as bonus to think that she had been with us for 7 months last december. Providing her saturdays and sundays as her RDs.. She goes to her mom every other weekend.. or to her bf... Who knows? and I don't care where, as long as she comes back on Sundays.

Just recently... I was pushed to the limit.. Last Mar 30, Wednesday.. I told her that she could take her day off. As it was her birthday the other day. I was so busy with work, that I completely forgot her birthday.. So feeling guilty, I asked her to take her off. I told her, I won't really allow you to take a leave on weekdays as I am a working mom but then, I want her to spend her birthday with her family. She promised to come back at around 6pm.. (Actually, I took my VL just so to give way for her.) At around 4pm, I received a message from her mom. Asking if she can let her daughter take another day off.. Hayyss... This is the 2nd incident actually. The first one, she asked me that her daughter can't make it the next day because they have fiesta and all.. The fiesta fell on a Monday.. Monday was our sales meeting and Joy knew her responsibilities. It really blew me off when I got another message from her mom.. To cut my story short I asked her to pack her things and leave the house... I felt so abused.. Hayyysss.... Mali ba ako? Maybe I was a bit harshed...

***note: I trusted her... tried to give in to her request. even gave her a bday gift.. treated her well.. Opened an account for her. What do I get in return? Actually, she was really good with gabby... That's why I like her. Sana makahanap din ako ng ganun ulit pero hindi abusado...

But for me, even if she talks too much on the phone with her bf or her mom... she watches tv anytime she wants.. Sometimes 5 hours straight, ok lang. I consider her one of my best yaya ever.. she loves my gabby that's why my daughter loves her back... I am just waiting for them to say sorry.. and if she wants to come back.. she is welcome anytime as long as we don't have another perfect yaya...

Lessons learned...

1. Set rules regarding day off. And if 3 days no show, salary deduction. Tell them who's the boss here. Nakaka trauma lang talaga.



No comments:

Post a Comment